Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What is Dinner amongst friends?

Aside from planning great events for a living, my fiancé and I enjoy hosting affairs, large and small, at our home. For our last party of the year, we decided to host an intimate gathering for couples by creating a warm setting with one communal table for our guests. Drawing from my interior design background, I measured the room and laid out a floor plan to scale which included tables and chairs. I chose a color palette for my table design which accented my favorite colors as well as the walls in the room; a chocolate table cloth with an ivory overlay, chocolate napkins with a complimentary custom menu design. Chivari chairs with a custom pad helped tie it all together and during our last course we replaced the overhead lighting with amber to blue up lighting emitting from the corners of the room. To find out what we served during the four course dinner, check out the pictures! Our Chef and server for the evening were awesome and the design of our house created a restaurant open kitchen atmosphere. My fiancé created a dinner music mix which encompassed some soul, R&B, swing and jazz and one of our friends was gracious enough to give a vodka demonstration….it was awesome! I created the centerpieces using cymbidium orchids and greens floated in water. I also incorporated lots of votive lighting and lighting using floating candles!!! But the key to the success of the entire evening was OUR FRIENDS. When you have friends as great as ours any dinner party can be a success but to have the knowledge and experience to create a room as beautiful as the people who fill it is a huge compliment.

No comments: